It’s a first! On the occasion of 30th anniversary of children’s rights five children’s and youth juries voted on participatory projects carried out by municipal and cantonal services, as well as by associations and para-public institutions.
These 33 projects were grouped together in a publication following a call for papers launched in early 2019. This collection of good practices in terms of child participation in the municipal territory is downloadable below and it is destined to grow over the years.
“Children and young people want to be citizens of today, not tomorrow. To build a better world, you have to listen to them and trust them,” says Administrative Advisor Esther Alder.
Juries by age group
A collaboration with the Kindergarten Like a cat in the sun there Villa Yoyo Europe Charmilles and the Career Transition Center made it possible to create juries by age category, from 2 to 18 years old. The children and young people forming the five juries were thus able to examine projects adapted to their age. After scrutinizing the good practices in terms of participation grouped together in the compendium, the juries each selected a project.
On November 19, at the Forum Faubourg, the children and young people thus awarded a symbolic prize to the achievements that filled them with enthusiasm, in the presence of all the promoters of the project.
Here is the list of projects awarded by the five children’s juries:
- Children’s Jury of 2 to 4 years old the “Like a Cat in the Sun” kindergarten: The P’tits Mômes Prize, supported by the Municipal Libraries and the Early Childhood Service;
- Children’s Jury of 5-8 years old from Villa Yoyo Europe Charmilles: The Stuff Truck, run by La Maison de la Créativité;
- Children’s Jury of 9-12 years old from the Villa Yoyo Europe Charmilles: The Escalade relay race, run by the Sports Department, the Integration Support Center for visually impaired students and the Positive Vision Association;
- Youth Jury of 13-15 years old Villa Yoyo Europe Charmilles: Urbansports 2019 football tournament, supported by the Sports Department and Street Foot Challenge;
- Children’s Jury of 16-18 years old of the Center for Professional Transition: Revealing the secrets of the art and history museum, led by the Art and History Museum with a class from the Center for Professional Training in Art.
Rue de l’Hotel-de-Ville 4
Such. + 41 22 418 49 28
We acknowledge Source link for the information.